To celebrate spring and mark the beginning of the sailing year, the 2014 Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show returns to downtown Annapolis on April 25th and runs through April 27th. The third annual in-water springtime show will feature more than 80 new and previously-owned sailboats of all types and sizes including catamarans, mono hulls, racing boats, inflatables, and day sailors.
The show will feature the North American premier of the Bavaria Cruiser 33 from Bavaria Yachts, which has already sold nearly 300 hulls. The show will also debut the Farr 280 One Design, the newest grand prix-racing sailboat at 30 feet and designed for a crew of five. The brand new Legacy Catamaran, the 2014 Gemini Legacy 35, will also launch at the Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show.
Set in the charming and historic seaport of Annapolis, the Spring Sailboat Show is the first opportunity of the year for experienced and novice sailors to shop for the latest in equipment, electronics, clothing, and boating accessories at the 100+ on-land nautical exhibits.
“We are very excited to present another Spring Sailboat Show, one of the largest shows in the country. During the last weekend in April, Annapolis will host an impressive array of boats on land and in the water,” Paul Jacobs, President of the Annapolis Boat Shows said. “We will welcome Cruisers University students representing 22 states and three foreign countries. Sailors from around the globe will converge on the City Dock for a weekend of good times, education, and for some, the realization of a new sailboat and a dream come true.”
Fun activities to create a picture perfect weekend in historic Annapolis include:
- Foulest Foulies Contest Sponsored by Spinsheet on April 25, 6-8pm. New foul weather gear for the winner, courtesy of Helly Hansen and Fawcett.
- Free tastings by Bacardi Rum, Grey Goose Vodka, and Paladar Latin Kitchen/Rum Bar daily.
- Surfset exercise classes and stand-up paddleboard demos by Mantra Fit.
- Opening night networking party, April 25, 6-8pm, for attendees and exhibitors. Sponsored by Bay Yacht Agency/Atlantic Cruising Yachts, Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar, Sail Magazine, Trident Funding Corporation, and Weems & Plath.
- Tour nearly 80 sailboats and shop 100+ nautical exhibits.
- In-water demonstrations by the Maryland Model Yacht Club.
- Cruises aboard the 74-foot Schooner Woodwind available for additional fee.
- Door prizes donated by our sponsors and exhibitors include: Helly Hansen Duffle Bag Set ($210 value, courtesy of Helly Hansen); Maui Jim Sunglasses ($179 value, courtesy of Shades of the Bay); and, original framed artwork by Keith Wilkie ($650 value, courtesy of Keith Wilkie).
Cruisers University, a supplemental educational program, offers 50 expert-taught seminars, a curriculum for women, and intensive hands-on programs focused on high-tech navigation and diesel maintenance. Designed to enhance life aboard a boat, Cruisers University offers modules on topics such as popular destinations, boat systems, cruising lifestyles, weather, and electronic navigation. Tuition includes two meals a day, evening social hours, and admission to the Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show.
Another picture perfect weekend at the Annapolis Sailboat Show!
April 25 – 26, 2014 10:00am to 6:00pm
April 27, 2014 10:00am to 5:00pm
Historic City Dock, Annapolis, MD
Learn all aspects of cruising before setting off.
April 24-27, 2014, Annapolis, MD
Two-Day Admission: $19
Children, 12 and under, are FREE
To help you navigate the show with ease, download our Boat Show App called MyBoatShow from the iTunes Store or Android Marketplace.