The show will feature several debuts:
- The North American premier of the Bavaria Cruiser 33 from Bavaria Yachts–almost 300 hulls of the new Cruiser 33 design have been sold globally since its introduction a year ago.
- The Farr 280 One Design, a new 30 foot grand prix-racing sailboat for a moderate crew of five, will be introduced.
- Sleek contemporary X-Yachts will be displayed by Forbes Horton Yachts.
- The newest Legacy Catamaran, the 2014 Gemini Legacy 35, will also be launched at the show.
Set in the charming and historic seaport of Annapolis, the Spring Sailboat Show is the first opportunity of the year for experienced and novice sailors to shop for the latest in equipment, electronics, clothing and boating accessories at the 100+ on-land nautical exhibits and on-site pro surf shops.
Highlights to look for at the 2014 Spring Sailboat Show:
- Foulest Foulies Contest, Friday-April 25, sponsored by Spinsheet. Winner will receive a new set of foul weather gear, courtesy of Helly Hansen and Fawcett.
- Valuable door prizes donated by sponsors and exhibitors.
- Surfset exercise classes and stand-up paddleboard demos by Mantra Fit.
- Networking party on Friday night for attendees and exhibitors.
The Annapolis Boat Shows has produced in-water shows since 1970. The six annual power and sailboat shows combined attract more than 150,000 visitors to the Chesapeake Bay region. The spring dates for 2014 are:
April 24-27, 2014, Annapolis, MD
April 11- 13 2014, Stevensville, MD