World Artists Experiences and the International Division of Maryland’s Office of the Secretary of State invite the public to attend free screenings of films from Ukraine, Chile, Israel, China and Slovenia in the Bridges to the World Sixth Annual International Film Series. The series will run for five weeks beginning the week of February 3 and ending March 7 at five venues throughout Maryland.
A film from a different country will be shown each week. The feature films have been chosen and sponsored by the Embassies of the respective countries.
- from Ukraine February 6, the film entitled Haytarma
- from Chile Chile February 14, the film My Favorite Enemy
- from Israel February 20, the film Mabul
- from China February 27, the film Ocean Heaven
- from Slovenia March 6, the film A Stubborn Memory
Each film will be introduced and followed by a discussion. All films will be shown with English subtitles. Presentations will begin at 7:00 p.m.
In Annapolis, Md., the films will be shown on Thursdays at the Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts, 801 Chase Street.
The complete schedule is at the World Artists Experiences website at www.WorldArtists.org
Tickets are not required for these free screenings; however seating is on a first-come basis.