The Chesapeake Life Center, a program of Hospice of the Chesapeake, is offering an array of bereavement support groups and workshops this winter for those in the community who are experiencing grief. All of the groups meet at 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena, MD.
Adult Support Groups and Offerings:
- Widow/Widowers Drop-In Support Group for career-aged adults who are grieving the death of a spouse or life partner. The group meets on Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m., Jan. 29 through March 5.
- Widow/Widowers Evening Support Group is available from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 19, March 19, April 16, May 21 and June 18.
- Child Loss Support Group on Saturdays to provide gentle social and emotional support to parents grieving the death of a child regardless of age or circumstance. The next meeting is from 10 a.m. to noon on Feb. 1 and again on March 1.
- Perinatal Loss Scrap and Share designed for individuals or couples coping with an unexpected diagnosis during pregnancy or infant loss meets from 6 to 9 p.m. on Feb. 20. Participants can make a scrapbook, collage or shadow box or just come for support to be with others who have experienced a similar loss.
- Suicide Grievers monthly support group meets on the second Tuesday of each month.
Children and Families Groups and Offerings:
- Stepping Stones Monthly Support Group is for children ages 6-14 who are grieving the death of a loved one. A parent group meets at the same time designed to provide emotional and social support for parents who are themselves grieving while simultaneously caring for their grieving children. Saturdays from 10 am – Noon, February 1st and March 1st.
- Phoenix Rising: A Group for Teens is a group for teens, age 13 -18 offers a place to connect with others who are also grieving the death of a loved one. Wednesdays from 7:00 – 8:30 pm January 29, February 26, March 26.
Registration is required for all support groups and workshops. Call 410-987-2129 for fees and information.