Last week, mayoral candidate, Mike Pantelides released a statement expressing his disappointment at the city dock plan approved by the council in a mid-afternoon meeting on Thursday, October 10, 2013.
“The City Dock Master Plan is incomplete. There is no traffic study, no maritime plan now, and we have no idea how much it will cost. There is always time do it again but never time to do it right. We are talking about the future of City Dock; we don’t need to rush it,” said Pantelides.
“It is important our city leaders hear from the residents at the upcoming council meeting on October 21. This plan leaves too many questions unanswered, and I encourage everyone to get involved in the process and speak up,” he said.
Pantelides said, “The City Dock Master Plan should respect and perserve the historical charm and maritime heritage of Annapolis. I cannot support a plan that does not have a price tag. City residents deserve to know how much it will cost to change City Dock forever.”