Looking for an alternative to traditional sports? Annapolis Recreation and Parks will host a six-week program for teens, ages 13 to 18, to learn how to implement daily practices of meditation, yoga, positive thinking and healthy eating habits creating an unshakable foundation for life.
The six-week Mindful Health Workshop series will include the following:
- One hour yoga session
- Grocery store tour and cooking lesson at Whole Foods Market of Annapolis
- Two nutrition seminars by an Annapolis Pediatrics Registered Dietitian
- Healthy food snacks provided by Wegmans Crofton of Gambrills
- Weekly focus on a different part of the body, incorporating yoga, meditations and food that relate to the physical and energetic elements of the body
- Journal and home assignments to encourage personal practice and incorporate daily mindfulness
- Opportunity to begin building a foundation for a more holistic and whole health lifestyle
- Yoga gift bag for completing the program
The workshop series will be held six consecutive Saturdays beginning October 5 and continuing through November 9 from 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center at Truxtun Park, 273 Hilltop Lane in Annapolis.
The cost is $50 per participant. Space is limited on a first come, first serve basis so early registration is suggested. To register, please contact Samantha Gilmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.263.7958.