Chesapeake Life Center, a program service of Hospice of the Chesapeake is offering the following support groups and workshops this fall:
- Evening Grief Support, 5:30 – 7 p.m., Thursdays from Oct. 10- Nov. 14.
- Widow/Widower Support Group, 2 – 3:30 p.m., Tuesdays from Sept. 17- Oct. 22. Also from 10- 11:30 a.m., Nov. 6- Dec. 18 at the Annapolis Senior Center.
- “Write it Down, Lay it Down: Giving Voice to the Story Within” a six-week support group facilitated by Laura Oliver, MFA, who uses the written word to explore grief. No writing experience needed. Meets 10 a.m.- Noon on Fridays from Sept. 27- Nov. 1.
Monthly Drop-In Support Groups
- Child Loss Group, 10 a.m.- noon, Saturdays on Sept. 7, Oct. 5, Nov. 2 and Dec. 7.
- Stepping Stones Support Group for children ages 6-14 and families who are grieving the death of a loved one. There is a parent group that meets at the same time. The group meets from 10 a.m. – noon, Saturdays on Sept. 7, Oct. 5 and Nov. 2. Also from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Dec. 7.
- Suicide Grievers meet on Tuesday evenings, Sept. 10, Oct. 8, Nov. 12 and Dec. 10. Call 410-987-2129 for further information.
- Widow/Widowers, career-aged adults, from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, Sept. 18, Oct. 16, Nov. 20 and Dec. 18.
- Supper for Siblings, informal gathering, light supper provided, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Sept. 18.
- Pet Loss Workshop, 1- 3 p.m., Sept. 22, Dogwood Acres, 439 West Central Ave., Davidsonville, MD. Call 410-798-4776 or email [email protected] to register.
Unless otherwise noted, all groups meet at Chesapeake Life Center, 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena, MD. For more information and to register, call 410-987-2129 or visit www.chesapeakelifecenter.org .