October brings the much welcomed cooler weather and a number of outstanding outdoor activities to Annapolis. One of the first this month is the 2013 season’s final outdoor First Sunday Festival on October 6th from noon until 5:00 p.m. During the five hours of festivities, West Street is closed to cars and becomes a fun-filled, outdoor, free, family affair of creativity for all ages to enjoy.
The street transforms and becomes a stage filled with live music, entertainment, and over 100 booths of art, jewelry, house wares, accessories and so much more. Plus several restaurants become outdoor cafes with perfect seating to watch the festivities, fun and people go by. So begin your busy October and fall season in Annapolis by making the First Sunday Art Festivals part of your plans on October 6th.
Live Entertainment on West Street …
- The Basement Band - performing the music of Bob Dylan and The Band from Noon – 1:30 p.m. in Wiseman Park.
- Children’s Theatre of Annapolis – delighting local audiences since 1959 with professional quality theatrical opportunities to the area’s youth – performing every 10 minutes from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. in Stan and Joe’s side lot.
- Annapolis Dixieland Band – playing traditional New Orleans Dixieland music plus swing and jazz will perform from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. in Wiseman Park.
Around the Corner in Whitmore Park…
- Old Mill Steel Drum Band –join the students from Old Mill High School from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- LifeSongs Community Choir w/ special guests Lea Morris & Kevin Whisman–singing songs of peace, freedom, friendship, love and humor from around the world led by Elizabeth Melvin will perform from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Come join the fun and festivities on October 6th for Annapolis’ First Sunday Arts Festival. Sponsored in part by: LeafFilter
There will be one more opportunity to enjoy First Sunday activities in 2013 on November 3 at the Holiday Art Sale at Maryland Hall.