Mayor Cohen did get the Market House open–albeit a little bit late, but by all reports, there is a good mix of merchants and the pace of business is brisk–not bad for “off season.”
There is also a new website for the Market House — http://www.markethousemerchants.com which will give you menus, hours, and all sorts of information on the new businesses literally in the center of town. But for now, here’s the cheat sheet!
- Yellowfin Seafood- Sushi-Oyster Bar features Maryland’s signature crab cakes and Kevin & Mike’s fabulous hand cut fries! The raw bar features oysters, clams, shrimp, other fresh seafood and hand rolled sushi. Their experienced management has put together this fast, casual concept to revive the old traditions that made Market House a downtown institution for locals and tourists. Hours: Monday – Saturday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Amsterdam Falafelshop , a hopping little shop with a cult following from Washington, DC for the past eight-plus years, introduces its top-it-yourself falafel and Dutch style fries to Annapolis. Just named best restaurant in DC by Yelp users from all over! Hours: Monday – Thursday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., Friday – Saturday 11 a.m. – 3 a.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Firenzes Gelateria and Café is a unique shop with gelatos and sorbets handmade, on premise, from natural and locally sourced ingredients. Firenzes also offers freshly baked cupcakes, Italian pastries and a variety of offerings from its espresso bar. Hours: Monday – Thursday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., Friday – Saturday 11 a.m. – 12 a.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Annapolis Organic Market offers a variety of organic and healthy food products. Customers can purchase a selection of gourmet snacks, organic honeys and syrups, energy bars, fresh organic dairy products, such as milk and eggs, as well as a complete line of natural vitamins and herbal supplements. Hours: Monday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Hard Bean Coffee , an Annapolis institution since 2002, offers its highly popular coffee and breakfast fare as part of Hard Bean Cafe with expanded deli and salad bar offerings for lunch, dinner and snacks with lots of new products. Hours: Monday – Saturday 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Carl’s Corned Beef Company & Delicatessen offers a menu based around a New York/Jewish style deli with oversized sandwiches, soups and bakery items. Hours: Monday – Thursday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., Friday – Saturday 11 a.m. – 3 a.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Midship Fresh Bar offers a variety of hot prepared foods, including wings, chili, barbeque, homemade soups, and fresh prepared salads in a self-serve format. Get as much or as little as you’d like – sold by the pound. Hours: Monday – Saturday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Good Life Smoothie Bar serves a full line of healthy fruit and yogurt based drinks, along with a wide range of fresh and local fruits and vegetables “green grocer style.” Hours: Monday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.