The Annapolis Craft Beer and Music Festival, the premier event in historic Annapolis combining award-winning artisan beer tastings from regional and national artisan breweries along with music of all varieties, will be held on Saturday, September 21, 2013, from 12:00 noon – 6:00 pm at The Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
Shop for gifts from dozens of arts, crafts, and specialty food exhibitors and purchase oysters on the half shell in our food concessions court. Sign up early for beer seminars on topics ranging from “Beer 101″ to “Pairing Craft Beer and Food.” And afterwards, stroll through the brick-lined street of historic Annapolis!
Discounted tickets available now for a limited time!
For details and to purchase tickets: www.theannapoliscraftbeerandmusicfestival.com or call 1-410-263-4012.
The musical lineup has been announced for the 2nd Annual Annapolis Craft Beer & Music Festival to be held on September 21st.
1. Lilly and Mudd: Definitely for the sophisticated ear; smoky, sassy and sultry, Lilly & Mudd is a local alternative group that’s drawing a lot of interest in the region. In both their original music and their remix of rarely covered tunes the group defies categorical genre.
Singer-Songwriters Tish Martinez, Murray Fentress, Steve Sitton, and Don Lamb-Minor deliver an acoustic sound with the perfect modicum of electric blues guitar to put a definitive edge on their music.
Lead singer Tish’s rich, deep and urbane voice sets the character of this group. You don’t want to miss this group.
2. The Walking Sticks: The Walking Sticks is the outfit of Chelsea Lee and twin brothers Max and Spencer Ernst. Their vocals weave dream pop grooves that pair Fleetwoodesque harmonies and vintage synth youthfulness.
3. Trademark: The acoustic rock/country duo of Richard Strickland and Mark Magistrelli features strong vocal harmonies backed with an acoustic guitar and bass. Their good time energy and sound is a great fit for any venue. TRADEMARK covers tunes from the Eagles, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Jimmy Buffett, Johnny Cash, Zac Brown Band, Toby Keith and many more.
4. Amazon: Classic Rock Rock Blues — and just about everything in between.
5. Swampcandy: Swampcandy’s aggressive Stomping-Mississippi-Blues and cross-genre sets create an eclectic mix of honestly-crafted songs that will take you on a journey of raw emotion and refined sensation.
Here is just a sampling of the beers you will find!
1. Raven Beer - from Baltimore, obviously. Their tasting notes are as follows:
- The Raven Special Lager – Smooth, malty, well-balanced Southern German Lager. “The taste is poetic.” 5.3% ABV.
- Tell Tale Heart IPA – Citrusy, fruity, full of flavor; very drinkable and it “never skips a beat.” 50 IBU, 7.3% ABV.
- The Cask – Malty, smooth, slight taste of alcohol; a world-class double bock. 8.0% ABV.
- Pendulum Pils – Crisp, clean Pils, “A cut above the rest;” 22 IBU, 4.3% ABV
2. Sierra Nevada – pouring limited beer just “for Maryland and our attendees:” (see * below)
- Pale Ale – Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades. 5.6% ABV.
- Flipside Red IPA – A very limited and highly sought IPA which Sierra Nevada has provided solely for the state of Maryland and the attendees of our festival! A ruby-red hue and abundant tropical fruit and citrus hop flavors; perfect beer for the final flash of summer. 6.2% ABV.
- Belgian-Style Black IPA – Sierra Nevada’s newest brew making its premier introduction in Maryland here at The Annapolis Craft Beer and Music Festival!
- Ovila Saison with Mandarin – A very limited and highly sought IPA which Sierra Nevada has provided solely for the state of Maryland and the attendees of our festival! Incredibly complex with notes of lemon, pepper, straw and herbs balanced by the tang of Mandarin oranges and a spicy kick of pepper. 7.5% ABV
3. Union – creating a “special” brew just for The Annapolis Craft Beer and Music Festival! (see * below)
- Duckpin – This generously hopped pale ale is a strike in your mouth! Brewed with lots of Pacific Northwest & New Zealand hops this beer is ten frames of big citrus and tropical fruit aroma and flavor. A strong malt backbone rounds it out and makes this pale ale a delight for the senses. The pins may be small but the flavor is huge! In our town, we roll Duckpin—a true Baltimore original. 5.5% ABV
- Balt – This German-style Altbier is our nod to an old world, old school ale. The word “Alt” is German for “old”, and refers to the traditional style of brewing before lager yeast was discovered. Balt is a dark, copper colored brew with a creamy head, a gentle bitterness and a clean, dry finish. Prost, Hon! 5.6% ABV
- Blackwing – A classic Schwarzbier with roasted caramel and chocolate with crisp and gentle hops for a clean ending.
- Special – Brewed just for the Annapolis Craft Beer and Music Festival – details to come
Tickets are $40 but for a limited time, you can get them for $30!