Create your own legacy! Calypso Bay Boatyard Bar & Grill is changing its name and the owners are considering all suggestions. Anyone who sends in a suggestion will be entered into a raffle to win an overnight stay at Herrington Harbour South (see below for all that comes with it.).
Here’s some history to get creative juices flowing …
- There has been a restaurant at the Calypso Bay’s location since at least the 1960s.
- Previous names included Bobby D’s, Skipjack and Duke’s Tavern.
- Tracy’s Landing, where the restaurant is located, was an important tobacco port on the Bay.
- Tracy’s Creek used to be called Herring Creek, back in the 1600s.
The new name will mark a transformation. The new identity will include …
- Farm-to-table and water-to-table concept that will share the bounty of our Chesapeake Bay.
- The waterfront tiki bar will be the main attraction and will be complemented by dining in the sand and a new fire pit, when the weather cools.
- New menu and outstanding service.
- Continuation of the best Orange Crushes on the Bay.
- A year round and family-oriented restaurant.
Email suggestions to Info@CBontheBay.com by July 31, 2013. The new name will be announced by August 19.
Raffle Prize – One night stay in a “hot tub” room, pool access, lunch for two at Honey’s, and dinner for two at the new Calypso Bay (value of $500). Expiration Date: December 30, 2014.
Calypso Bay Restaurant is located at 421 Deale Rd., Tracys Landing, Md. 20779, at Herrington Harbour North Marina.