Hospice of the Chesapeake serving families in Anne Arundel and Prince George’s Counties has an immediate need for volunteers to share their skills with us in the following areas:
- Veterans to provide care to veterans under hospice care
- Pet Therapy
- Reiki/Healing Touch (energy work)
- Spanish Translators
- Sign Language Translators
- Licensed Massage Therapists
- Drivers (with truck) for picking up and delivering donated furniture
- Sort donations for the Chesapeake Treasures resale shop in Severna Park
- Outreach/Speakers Bureau, current volunteers willing to share the volunteer message
Hospice of the Chesapeake has immediate volunteer opportunities in Prince George’s County specifically in the Fort Washington, Accokeek, Brandywine, Temple Hills, College Park and Upper Marlboro areas.
There are two upcoming training sessions for new volunteers:
Prince George’s County: On Aug. 15, 22, 29, Sept. 5, 12, 19, 26 and Oct. 3 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Also on Saturdays, Nov. 2, 9, and 16 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 9500 Arena Drive, Suite 250 in Largo, MD.
Anne Arundel County: On Sept. 4, 11, 18, 25 and Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23 from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. except for Sept.4 which is 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena, MD