Gather up the lawn chairs, sunscreen and dancing shoes as Eastport a Rockin ‘ rolls into town this Saturday! If you are looking for an incredible, inexpensive, fun-filled, day to spend with your family, friends, wife, husband, brothers, sisters, cousins or mothers–look no further!
If nothing else, Eastport knows how to throw a party and this festival is the grand daddy of them all!
Created as a way to expose local music to a larger audience, Eastport a Rockin’ now draws attendees from throughout the neighborhood and across the region and is known as the local music festival of the summer. Three stages will host 25+ bands as Eastport a Rockin’, gives a venue to many up and coming local and regional bands with diverse musical genres. Over the years, Eastport a Rockin’ has featured such bands as Good Charlotte and Jimmie’s Chicken Shack . Tomorrow’s superstar just might be in this year’s line-up. From rock to folk to roots to blues to jazz to bluegrass to funk, the breadth of music types found at the Festival is sure to please everyone who attends.
With an unbeatable location surrounding the Annapolis Maritime Museum on Back Creek in Annapolis’ historic maritime district of Eastport, this daylong festival offers everything an attendee could want. Mouth-watering food, including BBQ, gyros, seafood, shaved ice and more, will be available as will thirst quenching beverages, including Miller and Yuengling products and a full range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, smoothies and coffee drinks. The Kids Area, always a popular section of the festival, will feature a moon bounce, face painters, tattoo artists, an obstacle course, cotton candy and other great family-friendly activities. The streets and sidewalks will be lined with vendor booths featuring local artisans, crafters, non-profit organizations, entertainment and more.
Proceeds from the event benefit deserving local charities including The Annapolis Maritime Museum and Annapolis Musicians Fund for Musicians (AMFM). Dogs (on leashes) and strollers are welcome, coolers and outside food and beverages are not.
WHAT: 17th annual Eastport a Rockin’ festival.
WHEN: 11 am to 8 pm, Saturday, June 22.
WHERE: Second Street and the Annapolis Maritime Museum.
ADMISSIONS: $12 general admission tickets in advance, $15 at the gate. VIP tickets are $75 in advance, $100 at the gate. Kids under 12 are admitted free.
GETTING THERE: Parking in Eastport is challenging. Your best bet is to park in a public garage and either walk or grab an e-cruiser, pedi-cab. or a taxi.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS: Bring plenty of sunscreen. Low back chairs and blankets are a great idea. High back chairs and especially the ones with the umbrellas and shades will earn you the scorn of many. Well behaved dogs on a leash are welcome. Food is cash and carry–no credit cards, so come armed with smaller bills.
The Bands (Editor’s Picks In Bold)
- 11:30 a.m.-12:05 p.m. – Davey Jones and the Sailors of Funk.
- 12:20-1:05 p.m. – Eastport Oyster Boys.
- 1:20-2:05 p.m. – The Grilled Lincolns.
- 2:20-3:10 p.m. – Dublin 5 (formerly The Rovers).
- 3:25-4:10 p.m. – Ashley Forrest.
- 4:25-5:15 p.m. – Pasadena.
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. – Kelly Bell Band.
- 6:45-7:45 p.m. – Higher Hands.
- 11:30-12:05 p.m.- The Audissey.
- 12:20-1 p.m. – Pompeii Graffiti.
- 1:15-1:55 p.m. – Tobias Russell.
- 2:10-2:55 p.m. – Willie’s Light.
- 3:10-3:50 p.m. – Pressing Strings.
- 4:05-4:45 p.m. – Skribe.
- 5-5:45 p.m. – Dean Rosenthal.
- 6-6:40 p.m. – The Greenbeets.
- 6:55-7:45 p.m. – Bumpin’ Uglies.
- 11:30-noon – TBA.
- 12:15-12:55 p.m. – Big Hoax.
- 1:10-1:50 p.m. – Mike Heuer.
- 2:05-2:45 p.m. – Mission South.
- 3-3:40 p.m. – The Buzz.
- 3:55-4:40 p.m. – School of Rock All-Stars.
- 4:55-5:40 p.m. – Still Penny.
- 5:55-6:40 p.m. – Alexander Peters.
- 6:55-7:40 p.m. – Gallons To Ounces.