Ballet Theatre of Maryland (BTM), the state’s premier professional ballet company, will be holding auditions for children’s roles in its upcoming performances of The Nutcracker on Sunday, May 5, 2013 from 11:00am to 6:30pm at the Merritt Annex, 1981 Moreland Pkwy, Bldg 4A, Bay 4, Annapolis, MD 21401. The schedule is as follows:
Registration begins at 10:30am
- 11:00-12:30 Ladies in Waiting, Pages, Shepherdesses – Levels Intermediate 1 – Advanced, ages 10-18. Some of these roles are on pointe.
- 12:30-2:30 Party Scene: Party Girls, Party Boys, Louise, Marie, Maid, Fritz, Admiral’s Daughter, Grandkids – Levels Beginning Ballet 2 through Advanced, ages 10-18 depending on the role.
- 3:00-4:30 Tiny Sugar Plum Fairies, Princesses, Cookies – Levels Pre-Ballet – Intermediate 1, ages 6-12 (shorter heights)
- 5:00-5:30 Fight Scene: Mice, Rats, Screamer Mouse, Bossy Mouse – Levels Pre-Ballet -Advanced, ages 6-18
- 5:30-6:30 Fight Scene: Soldiers, Rat Lieutenants, 1st Rifleman, Bugler, Drummer – Levels Intermediate 1 – Advanced, ages 10-18.
Students from this round of auditions must be available for rehearsals on M/W afternoons during the summer from June 25-August 4. Students may request permission to miss one week of rehearsals in summer only, subject to the Artistic Director’s approval.
Gypsies, Chinese Sticks, Princesses and Ladies-in-Waiting also audtion in the Fall, the first Sunday after Labor Day. These are some smaller roles that require less rehearsal time. After that audition, all roles rehearse on weekends only – Friday, Saturday or Sunday, depending upon the role(s) the student is cast in, until we go into the theatre in late November.