Chef Zachary Pope and the staff at Roundz Gourmet Market & Catering in Gambrills are springing into action this season with a calendar chocked-full of culinary experiences.
* Cooking Classes
- March 18 – 7 PM – Mexican Cuisine -Move beyond the traditional Taco Tuesday fare with Chef Pope’s fresh approach to Mexican cuisine, its seasonings and sizzle.
- April 22 – 7 PM – Cooking Fish…and Loving It! -There’s more than one fish in the sea, and you should know how to cook it! Chef Pope will show students how to prepare several different types of fish. This class was created in response to popular demand, so register soon.
- Each Roundz cooking class is led by Chef Zachary Pope (2011-2012 Capital Gazette Best Chef) and lasts approximately two hours. The class fee is $60 per student and includes a printed curriculum and dining at the conclusion of instruction. Class size is limited and reservations are required. Call 443.292.4631 for reservations.
* Roundz After Dark
- Saturdays March 16, April 13, May 11 – 7:30 PM
- Fine dining should be a multi-sensory experience. From that idea, Chef Pope began Roundz After Dark over a year ago. One night each month, the dining area at Roundz Gourmet Market is transformed into an intimate bistro where guests watch Chef and staff prepare and plate 6-courses of haute cuisine in the exhibition kitchen while enjoying soothing live music by a local professional performer. $80 per person. Reservations required. Menu and photos from previous events posted online at www.roundz.com “Roundz After Dark” page. Contact 443.292.4631 for reservations.
* Chef’s Table
- Thursdays at 6:30 PM – March, April & May
- An intensely personalized dining experience available for parties of 4 or more. Chef Pope will create a 4-course menu for your group based on your food preferences, dietary restrictions and personal favorites. Only one group booked per evening. $50 per person. See www.roundz.com “Chef’s Table” page for available dates and photos from previous dinners. Reservations can be made by calling 443.292.4631
* Roundz Easter
- Invest your kitchen time coloring eggs, not cooking! Roundz offers a special holiday menu featuring lamb, ham and other seasonal favorites for your Easter dinner at home. Orders must be placed by Thursday, March 28 for pickup Saturday, March 30. Menu to be posted.
* Family Chef’s Challenge
- Monday, April 1 at 11 AM
- Following the success of our January competition, we’re taking advantage of this school holiday with another Family Chef’s Challenge!
Here’s how it works: Four teams of two people each will compete in a light-hearted, no-stress cooking contest. Participants will take a tour of the Roundz kitchen and have access to the Roundz pantry and equipment, with Chef Pope on hand to offer guidance. After the Mystery Ingredient is revealed, teams will have 90 minutes to prepare and plate a culinary creation. Are we looking for “fantasy food?” No way. Make what you know! Entries from a recent Chef’s Challenge included meatloaf, gourmet burgers and pizza.
This event is open to all ages, but children MUST be partnered with a parent or adult guardian. Entry fee: $50 per team. Winning team will receive a gourmet dinner for 4 from Roundz. Reservations required: 443.292.4631
Roundz Gourmet Market, owned by Crofton resident Chef Zachary Pope, is a unique eatery and award-winning catering business at 2299 Johns Hopkins Road, in Gambrills, MD. Roundz Gourmet Market is open for dining and carry-out Thursday-Saturday, 11 AM to 7 PM, and at other times by appointment. Roundz Catering is in operation seven days a week. For more information, see http://www.roundz.com/, email [email protected] or call 443.292.4631.