On January 8, 2013, at approximately 6:00 p.m., Detectives from the Northern District Tactical Patrol Unit were patrolling the Freetown area in reference to complaints of drug activity. While conducting surveillance, detectives observed a subject that they believed was involved in drug activity in the area of Darrell Henry Court.
Detectives approached the subject and observed that he was armed with a silver handgun. The suspect ignored orders to drop the gun and immediately fled on foot attempting to elude detectives. During the foot pursuit, detectives observed the suspect throw the gun under a bush on Levy Court. The suspect was then apprehended and taken into custody in the 7800 block of Levy Court. He was found to be in possession of 3.41 grams of suspected crack cocaine, $113 in U.S. currency and drug paraphernalia for distribution. The handgun, a fully loaded silver .357 Magnum revolver, was recovered.
Suspect: Trevon D. Yeldell, 17, of 1775 Montpelier Street, Baltimore, Md (charged as an adult)
- Did wear/carry a concealed firearm
- Under 21 possession of firearm
- Possession of firearm in relation to a drug crime
- Possession of CDS w/ intent to distribute crack cocaine
- Possession of crack cocaine
- Possession of CDS paraphernalia (digital scale/baggies)
- Fail to obey a lawful order