Experts from the fields of nutrition, exercise physiology, organic farming and age management medicine will share their expertise during six hands-on workshops during January and February. The speakers will sort “fact from fad” in an increasingly complex search for optimum health. This unique broad-based approach will bring together many perspectives.
Six Dates: Mondays, January 14 through February 18, 6:30 to 8 p.m. each week
Location: “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center, 273 Hilltop Lane in Annapolis
– Kait Fortunato, a registered dietitian, will discuss the basics of nutrition and the role of inflammation, glycemic index and the omegas.
– Dr. Rudi Rodriguez will provide an overview of the relationship of nutrition to disease and highlight secrets to healthy living and longevity drawn from research.
– Dr. Rudi Rodriguez will present the scientific basis for current approaches to eating, with a goal to understand the rules and tools to prevent heart disease and diabetes.
– Megan Fry will present information on organic farming and husbandry.
– Todd Pekel will discuss aspects of aerobic fitness, cardiovascular health and how to go about it.
– Thomas B. Strong will provide insights into the often neglected area of flexibility.
– Butch Hammersmith will discuss balance and core strength that is quickly lost during aging.
– Pam Adams will cover women’s resistance training, body sculpting aspects, and motivation.
– Jaret Simpson will explain “the why” and “the how” of regular resistance training.
Mind Body Dynamics workshop:
– yoga, meditation, breath walking