All of the New Year’s Eve performances are free and there are no badges or buttons required. At 3:00 p.m., children and youth activities begin with a special fireworks show at 7:30 p.m. for those early to bed.
- 2:45 p.m. Annapolis Drum and Bugle Corps “Pied Piper.” Join the march from the Market House to the Big Tent!
- 3:00-7:00 p.m. Chesapeake Children’s Museum Reuse! Repurpose! Make wearable and playable fun things from materials you use every day.
- 3:00-7:00 p.m. The “FacePaint Lady”
- 4:30-5:00 p.m. Jack Julius Back for a 3rd Year! This talented magician will have some very special magic to welcome 2013!
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Goombay “Caribbean Experience” Move to the beat…and join in the lindy contest!
- 7:30 p.m. FIREWORKS! Light up the Night!
More fun as the night continues with music to make you dance and shout in the New Year!
- 8:00 p.m. Walking Sticks. Join this awesome new sound in Annapolis as they play all your favorites and few of their own you’ll love.
- 10:00 p.m. Radio City Band. Dance the night away with Radio City. Join the fun as you listen to top hits from yesterday and today.
- MIDNIGHT FIREWORKS! Countdown to the New Year!
Remember to park at one of the City’s four garages and take the free Circulator trolley to the festivities.
- Noah Hillman Parking Garage – 150 Gorman Street
- Gotts Court Parking Garage – 25 Northwest Street
- Knighton Parking Garage – 1A Colonial Avenue
- Park Place – 5 Park Place
There will not be any parking restrictions specifically related to New Year’s Eve. However, please be sure to adhere to all residential parking signs to avoid tickets, fines, or towing. The free two hour parking is only for two hours.
When it comes to fireworks, there are two shows again this year, one at 7:30 p.m. for the kids and the second at midnight for the count down to 2013. The best viewing areas from City Dock will be at Susan Campbell Park. There will also be great views from Main Street. Other suggested areas include public spaces northeast of the Severn River, any of the street-end parks facing Spa Creek and aboard a boat in the city harbor.
Because of the anticipated crowded conditions, boaters are urged to select their preferred viewing-area anchorage early and are also warned to avoid the 1,000-foot safety zone around the fireworks barge. Please note: Immediately after the fireworks, the barge will be underway to clear the harbor. All boaters are urged to heed the instructions of safety and law enforcement officials including the U.S. Coast Guard, the Department of Natural Resources Police, the Annapolis Police, the Annapolis Fire Department, the Annapolis Harbormaster and others.
Remember, this is an alcohol free event. If you would like to celebrate with alcohol, please visit one of our wonderful local bars, restaurants or hotels. If you are attending New Year’s Eve events anywhere in the area, please drink responsibly and utilize designated drivers.
This City organized event is funded 100% by businesses and organizations who recognize the importance of a free family-fun event each year. We would like to send a special thanks to our Platinum, Gold and Silver Sponsors:
- St. John Properties
- Annapolis Landing Marina
- Kilwin’s of Annapolis
- Pusser’s Caribbean Grille
- Boyd & Dowgiallo P.A.
- Severn Management
For more information, go to http://newyear.annapolis.gov.