On October 25th, 2012 the Four Rivers Heritage Area will host the inaugural Heritage Showcase event, to be held from 1:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the Maryland Hall for Creative Arts, 801 Chase Street, Annapolis. This dynamic, interactive event will feature eighteen-plus premier Four Rivers heritage museums, sites and attractions under one roof, to allow educators, tour planners, and others to preview the unique experiences that each one has to offer. Attendees can ask questions and book activities for Spring 2013 at participating heritage sites. Special discounts and exclusive educational materials will be available only at this event.
School groups, group tours, and families alike enjoy visiting Four Rivers Heritage Area for interactive activities, hands-on experiences, informative exhibits, and guided tours as well as delicious local food, a friendly atmosphere, and breathtaking scenery. Four Rivers heritage sites are the perfect destination for fun and educational field trips, tours for all audiences, family outings, and special events.
Participating sites include:
- Annapolis Community Boating, Annapolis
- Annapolis Maritime Museum, Annapolis
- Annapolis Tours by Watermark®, Annapolis
- Banneker-Douglass Museum, Annapolis
- Bates Legacy Center, Annapolis
- Captain Avery Museum, Shady Side
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Annapolis
- Chesapeake Children’s Museum, Annapolis
- Discover Annapolis Tours, Annapolis
- Four Rivers: The Heritage Area of Annapolis, London Town and South County
- Galesville Heritage Museum, Galesville
- Hammond-Harwood House, Annapolis
- Historic Annapolis, Annapolis
- Historic London Town and Gardens, Edgewater
- Maryland State Archives, Annapolis
- National Park Service – Star Spangled Banner Trail (Annapolis)
- National Sailing Center & Hall of Fame, Annapolis
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, Edgewater
- U.S. Naval Academy, Armel-Leftwich Visitor Center, Annapolis
Whether you are a teacher, tour planner, group member, or parent we invite you to come out to discover the many attractions that the Four Rivers Heritage Area has to offer. This event is free and open to the public, with refreshments, live entertainment by local talent, prize drawings, giveaways, and appearances by local community leaders. Be sure to join in on the fun at the Four Rivers Heritage Showcase, October 25, 2012 from 1:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the Lower Level (Gymnasium) of the Maryland Hall for Creative Arts, located at 801 Chase Street in Annapolis, MD. You won’t want to miss it!!!
Four Rivers is very grateful to our exhibiting partners, to Maryland Hall for Creative Arts, and to Anne Arundel County Public Schools for their generous support of this event. Four Rivers, one of Maryland’s 12 certified state heritage areas, is a nonprofit organization operating in partnership with the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority, Anne Arundel County, the City of Annapolis, the Town of Highland Beach, and heritage-related organizations and businesses. Its mission is to stimulate preservation and economic development of the region by supporting and promoting its natural, historic and cultural resources. Our website URL is www.fourriversheritage.org. For more information about the Four Rivers Heritage Showcase, please visit the Four Rivers website, www.fouriversheritage.org, or call the office at 410-222-1805. E-mail contact: [email protected]