Gather up the lawn chairs, sunscreen and dancing shoes as Eastport a Rockin rolls into town next Saturday! If you are looking for an incredible, inexpensive, fun-filled, day to spend with your family, friends, wife, husband, brothers, sisters, cousins or mothers–look no further!
If nothing else, Eastport knows how to throw a party and this festival is the grand daddy of them all!
Created as a way to expose local music to a larger audience, Eastport a Rockin’ now draws attendees from throughout the neighborhood and across the region and is known as the local music festival of the summer. Three stages will host 26 bands as Eastport a Rockin’, gives a venue to many up and coming local and regional bands with diverse musical genres. Over the years, Eastport a Rockin’ has featured such bands as Good Charlotte and Jimmie’s Chicken Shack . Tomorrow’s superstar just might be in this year’s line-up. From rock to folk to roots to blues to jazz to bluegrass to funk, the breadth of music types found at the Festival is sure to please everyone who attends.
With an unbeatable location surrounding the Annapolis Maritime Museum on Back Creek in Annapolis’ historic maritime district of Eastport, this daylong festival offers everything an attendee could want. Mouth-watering food, including BBQ, gyros, seafood, shaved ice and more, will be available as will thirst quenching beverages, including Miller and Yuengling products and a full range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, smoothies and coffee drinks. The Kids Area, always a popular section of the festival, will feature a moon bounce, face painters, tattoo artists, an obstacle course, cotton candy and other great family-friendly activities. The streets and sidewalks will be lined with vendor booths featuring local artisans, crafters, non-profit organizations, entertainment and more.
Proceeds from the event benefit deserving local charities including The Annapolis Maritime Museum and Annapolis Musicians Fund for Musicians (AMFM). Dogs (on leashes) and strollers are welcome, coolers and outside food and beverages are not.
WHAT: 16th annual Eastport a Rockin’ festival.
WHEN: 11 am to 8 pm, Saturday, June 23.
WHERE: Second Street and the Annapolis Maritime Museum.
ADMISSIONS: $12 general admission tickets in advance, $15 at the gate. VIP tickets are $75 in advance, $100 at the gate. Kids under 12 are admitted free.
GETTING THERE: Parking in Eastport is challenging. Your best bet is to park in a public garage and either walk or grab an e-cruiser or a cab. There was hope that the FREE Circulator Trolley might make an appearance, but we confirmed this morning that the next appearance in Easport will be for the 4th of July!
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS: Bring plenty of sunscreen. Low back chairs and blankets are a great idea. High back chairs and especially the ones with the umbrellas and shades will earn you the scorn of many. Well behaved dogs on a leash are welcome. Food is cash and carry–no credit cards, so come armed with smaller bills.
- 11:30 a.m.-12:05 p.m. – Stiletto (Battle of the Bands winner)
- 12:20-1 p.m. – 8 Ohms Band
- 1:15-2 p.m. – Them Eastport Oyster Boys
- 2:15-2:50 p.m. – The Control
- 3:05-3:45 p.m. – Pompeii Graffiti
- 3:45-4:20 p.m. – Bond & Bentley
- 4:35-5:20 p.m. – Dean Rosenthal
- 5:35-6:35 p.m. – The Dirty Names
- 6:50-7:50 p.m. – Grilled Lincolns
- 11:40a.m.-12:20 p.m. – The Walking Sticks
- 12:35-1:20 p.m. – A Full Circle
- 1:35-2:15 p.m. – Sun Club
- 2:30-3:10 p.m. – Roadhouse Clams
- 3:25-4:05 p.m. – Skribe
- 4:20-5 p.m. – Courtlyn Carr
- 5:15-5:55 p.m. – Tobias Russell
- 6:10-6:55 p.m. – Bumpin’ Uglies
- 7:10-7:55 p.m. – Willies Light
- 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. – The Audissey
- 12:30-1:15 p.m. – Phantom Limbs
- 1:30-2:15 p.m. – New Roots
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. – Tears of Mars
- 3:30-4:15 p.m. – Stereograph
- 4:30-5:15 p.m. – School of Rock
- 5:30-6:15 p.m. – Lily and The Pearl
- 6:30-7:15 p.m. – Alexander Peters