The Anne Arundel County Commission on Disability Issues announced today that 21 Anne Arundel County artists with disabilities will display their work in the Commission’s first art show. The featured artists range in age from school children to older adults. The exhibit gives these artists who struggle with various disabilities a chance to showcase their talents in a highly visible, respected way.
he 2012 Artists With Disabilities Art Exhibit runs from April 19 to June 15 at the Arundel Center on Calvert Street in Annapolis. The opening night reception is from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the lobby of the Arundel Center. Anne Arundel County Executive John R. Leopold will present certificates to the artists at 5 p.m. The public is invited to attend. Light refreshments will be served.
The artists include:
- Nina De Angelo of Annapolis
- Florita Washington of Annapolis
- David Brown of Brooklyn Park.
- Kevin Booze of Edgewater
- Caleb Masser of Edgewater
- Dan Seering of Edgewater
- John Sheehan of Edgewater
- Jonathan Kellner of Gambrills
- Garland Burley of Glen Burnie
- Daniel Davis of Glen Burnie
- Ed Dober of Glen Burnie
- Bryan Knipp of Glen Burnie
- David Price of Glen Burnie
- Keith Rebstock of Glen Burnie
- Ashawn Supel of Glen Burnie
- Rachel Vavra of Glen Burnie.
- Corena McQueen of Millersville.
- Eddie Harris of Pasadena.
- R.J. Ferrier of Severn.
- Ashleigh Streiff of Severna Park
- Elizabeth Johnson of Severna Park
Artists of all ages with disabilities who reside in the county were encouraged to participate. Three judges from the Arts Council of Anne Arundel County selected the artwork for the exhibit.