Incident At Annapolis Post Office Forces Evacuation

| April 27, 2011 | 0 Comments

UPDATE 02:04pm 04/27/2011: From ABC2 News:

The Annapolis Fire Department received a call Wednesday at noon for an explosion on Church Circle.

Once firefighters arrived they found that there had been an accident at the post office, but not an explosion.

According to a spokesman for the Fire Department, a man was working on an HVAC unit in the post office when a freon line exploded in his face.

He was taken to the Anne Arundel Medical Center, but did not have life-threatening injuries.

The building was ventilated.

The streets surrounding the Annapolis Post Office at One Church Circle are shut down completely and the fire department is on the scene.

We have been unable to contact the fire department to ascertain the cause, but from a photo submitted by a reader, it appears there may have been some sort of fumes in the building. The area is cordoned off and all the windows appear to be open.

Photo Courtesy of Jane S. Farrell

Weitzman Agency, an advertising agency located across the street just tweeted that it may be the result of an air compressor malfunction.

[blackbirdpie url=”http://twitter.com/WeitzmanAgency/status/63290924993748992″]

Tags: ,

Category: Breaking News, NEWS

About the Author ()

Eye On Annapolis is a community based site focusing strictly on Anne Arundel County. These staff postings are general news postings made by our team of bloggers throughout the day and are not attributed to any one particular staff person.