The Anne Arundel County Department of Health closed the Fuddruckers on Jennifer Road in Annapolis, Maryland, at approximately 2 p.m. on Wednesday, March 16, 2011, due to evidence of contaminated food.
Unidentified green pellets resembling rodenticide were found in some of the restaurant’s food preparation containers.
Fuddruckers destroyed the tainted food that was found and sanitized all items that may have come in contact with the suspected poison.
The restaurant reopened on March 17.
Rodenticide ingestion in a small dose presents a low or no risk of harm to human health. Individuals who have eaten at Fuddruckers within the last two weeks and who have signs of illness are advised to call their health care provider or the Maryland Poison Center. For more information about food poisoning concerns, call the Maryland Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Source: Anne Arundel County Department of Health