Regional Recap, November 2, 2009

| November 2, 2009 | 1 Comment

Regional News From WBAL-TVwbaltv

Toddler Found Tangled In Drapery Cord Dies.  Montgomery County police said a Damascus toddler died after being found entangled in a drapery cord.Police said the death of 2-year-old Thapelo Andre Kwofie appeared to be accidental.The boy was found unresponsive by family members over the weekend. He was later pronounced dead at Shady Grove Hospital.

3 AA County Residents Hospitalized For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.  Three members of a family were hospitalized after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, Anne Arundel County fire officials said.Firefighters responded just after 8 a.m. to a home in the 100 block of Queen Anne Road in Glen Burnie. Officials said three people were transported to the hyperbaric chamber of R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma.

Ehrlich Criticized Constellation-EDF Review. Former Gov. Robert Ehrlich said the battle between the O’Malley administration and Constellation Energy over a proposed deal with France’s EDF hurt Maryland’s business reputation.Maryland regulators conditionally approved the deal for nearly half of Constellation’s nuclear business.

Shots Fired, Man Killed At Columbia Halloween Party. Howard County police are interviewing more than 100 witnesses after a fatal Halloween party shooting at a $1.5 million home.A 19-year-old man was killed and another person was injured.Police said they received multiple calls from partygoers at a home in the 11500 block of Manorstone Lane at about 1:15 a.m.

Tags: ,

Category: Breaking News, NEWS

About the Author ()

John is the publisher and editor of Eye On Annapolis. As a resident and business owner in Anne Arundel County for more than 15 years, he realized that there was something missing in terms of community news--and Eye On Annapolis was born in late spring 2009. John's background is in the travel industry as a business owner, industry speaker, and travel writer. In terms of blogging and social media, he cut his teeth with MSNBC.com.